The requirements for industrial trucks are as individual as the companies that use them. In particular, start-ups, companies in their growth phase or with varying operating times for industrial trucks are looking for opportunities to meet their specific requirements both reliably and economically. Linde Approved used trucks are a high-quality and cost-effective alternative. The trucks are also a logical addition for companies with larger fleets of forklifts, if the aim is to provide an appropriate mix of new equipment and approved used trucks to meet various requirements and applications.
Linde Material Handling has developed a high-quality, reliable solution for these requirements. For this purpose, used forklifts from Linde undergo a standardised refurbishment process. This ensures that the forklifts meet the necessary quality standard for the requirements and areas of application in question.
Seamless service history and standardised reconditioning
The industrial trucks in the 'Approved Trucks' programme are essentially selected returns from Linde's own short term and long term rental fleets. These forklifts were regularly serviced by Linde service technicians during their initial use. The seamless truck and service history and careful inspection when the forklift is returned mean that Linde only selects the very best equipment for the 'Approved Trucks' program.
This equipment is then refurbished based on one of the three reconditioning standards, SUPER, ULTRA or SELECT 24, and labelled with the 'Approved by Linde' seal of quality. This quality seal is an international standard, which guarantees that the approved used forklifts supplied by Linde always comply with the same high performance requirements. This ensures that buyers can always rely on the same high product quality wherever they buy an approved truck from Linde.
Comprehensive reconditioning with a seal of quality
At Linde, used equipment is refurbished on the basis of a standardised process. Specially trained Linde technicians diligently work through the refurbishment process in specialised regional reconditioning centres or at selected local Linde service locations. If a part needs to be replaced, the technician only ever installs durable Linde original spare parts. Only once a forklift has successfully passed through the entire process does it receive the 'Approved Truck' seal of quality. To break it down, the process consists of the following steps:
1. Ex-Rental Trucks:
Linde Approved Trucks are typically ex-rental trucks, maintained from new by Linde engineers.
2. Pressure washing:
Each truck is thoroughly steam cleaned to remove all accumulated dirt and grime prior to inspection.
3. Comprehensive Inspection: A qualified engineer carries out a meticulous examination to identify areas of the truck andcomponents requiring attention.
4. Engine check and emissions test: On engine powered trucks, to ensure complete operational reliability and compliance with exhaust emission regulations, the engine undergoes stringent testing using the most up to date diagnostic equipment.
5. Battery and charger:
On electric trucks, the battery is checked to ensure serviceability, and cells replaced where necessary.
6. Refurbishment process:
Components are either repaired or replaced - only genuine Linde parts are used in the refurbishment process.
All trucks are repainted to ensure a quality finish, prior to new decals and the Approved Truck identification plate being fitted.
8. Pre-delivery check: The final procedure is an independent multipoint check including chain and fork certification. A legal control certificate will be provided with every machine.
Reconditioning standards for every requirement
Linde provides approved used forklifts in the three refurbishment standards of Linde SUPER, ULTRA and SELECT 24. The main differences between them are the level of refurbishment and the warranty period. This means that you as the customer can choose the right truck for your individual operating conditions and requirements.
Linde SUPER forklifts are ideal for applications with a lower workload. The Linde ULTRA category is generally suitable for medium workloads. Linde SELECT 24 is the right category for demanding applications with a higher workload. However, the optimum refurbishment standard for your requirements depends on a number of factors. That's why your Linde sales partner is on hand to provide extensive advice to help you make the right choice. The following provides an initial overview of the details and the differences between Linde SUPER, ULTRA and SELECT 24.
The Linde PLUS standard includes the following refurbishment measures and equipment features:
- Fully serviced to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Engine pressure and emissions checked and certified
- Charger function and PAT tested and certified
- Electric motors proof-tested
- Tyres serviceable
- Operator’s seat and seatbelt serviceable
- Transmission drive-tested
- Repainted to manufacturer’s original colours
- Operators handbook provided
- Full serviceability and functionality check to conform to LOLER and PUWER (certificate provided)
The Linde ULTRA standard includes the Linde SUPER features mentioned above as well as the following points:
- Serviceable tyres no more than 40% worn
- Operators seat renovated including seat belt
- Transmission pressure-tested to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Mast, carriage and hydraulics tested to manufacturer’s specification
- Steer axle checked and set to manufacturer’s specification
- Hour meter function-tested
6 months or 500 hours parts and labour warranty
Linde SELECT 24
A carefully selected quality used truck no more than 24 months old. These nearly new machines will have low usage hour meter readings and are typically ex-demonstration units. A Linde Select machine offers you reliability and efficiency at a competitive price to suit your budget.
- Finished to Linde Approved Standard
- Fully Serviced to manufacturers recommendations
- Operators handbook provided
- Fully serviceability and functionality check to conform to LOLER & PUWER (certificate provided)
9 months or 750 hours parts and labour warranty
Reliable all-round package
Benefits of the 'Approved Trucks' programme at a glance:
Approved used forklifts are not just an alternative, but rather the first choice for certain companies. Approved used trucks offer relevant benefits depending on the specific requirements for the respective company phase or the composition of the existing fleet. These include:
- Careful, standardised refurbishment process for the Approved forklifts, including parts replacement exclusively with new original Linde spare parts.
- The entire Linde product range in 'Approved Trucks' quality: from hand pallet trucks to high-performance forklifts.
- Certification in accordance with the latest statutory requirements and EU guidelines.
- Three standards to suit a broad range of individual customer requirements with regard to cost-effectiveness and operating conditions: PLUS, SUPER and ULTRA.
- Available from a location near you.
- Large choice of accessories.
- Various financing and service packages, such as long term rental with full-service contract.
- Quick and comprehensive service directly at the customer's location.
- Training opportunities for operators or forklift license test.
- Test drive possible at any time.