The requirements for industrial trucks are as individual as the companies that use them. In particular, start-ups, companies in their growth phase or with varying operating times for industrial trucks are looking for opportunities to meet their specific requirements both reliably and economically. Linde Approved used trucks are a high-quality and cost-effective alternative. The trucks are also a logical addition for companies with larger fleets of forklifts, if the aim is to provide an appropriate mix of new equipment and approved used trucks to meet various requirements and applications.
Linde Material Handling has developed a high-quality, reliable solution for these requirements. For this purpose, used forklifts from Linde undergo a standardised refurbishment process. This ensures that the forklifts meet the necessary quality standard for the requirements and areas of application in question.
Seamless service history and standardised reconditioning
The industrial trucks in the 'Approved Trucks' programme are essentially selected returns from Linde's own short term and long term rental fleets. These forklifts were regularly serviced by Linde service technicians during their initial use. The seamless truck and service history and careful inspection when the forklift is returned mean that Linde only selects the very best equipment for the 'Approved Trucks' program.
This equipment is then refurbished based on one of the three reconditioning standards, PLUS, SUPER, or ULTRA and labelled with the 'Approved by Linde' seal of quality. This quality seal is an international standard, which guarantees that the approved used forklifts supplied by Linde always comply with the same high performance requirements. This ensures that buyers can always rely on the same high product quality wherever they buy an approved truck from Linde.
Comprehensive reconditioning with a seal of quality
At Linde, used equipment is refurbished on the basis of a standardised process. Specially trained Linde technicians diligently work through the refurbishment process in specialised regional reconditioning centres or at selected local Linde service locations. If a part needs to be replaced, the technician only ever installs durable Linde original spare parts. Only once a forklift has successfully passed through the entire process does it receive the 'Approved Truck' seal of quality. To break it down, the process consists of the following steps:
1. Ex-Rental Trucks:
Linde Approved Trucks are typically ex-rental trucks, maintained from new by Linde engineers.
2. Pressure washing:
Each truck is thoroughly steam cleaned to remove all accumulated dirt and grime prior to inspection.
3. Comprehensive Inspection: A qualified engineer carries out a meticulous examination to identify areas of the truck andcomponents requiring attention.
4. Engine check and emissions test: On engine powered trucks, to ensure complete operational reliability and compliance with exhaust emission regulations, the engine undergoes stringent testing using the most up to date diagnostic equipment.
5. Battery and charger:
On electric trucks, the battery is checked to ensure serviceability, and cells replaced where necessary.
6. Refurbishment process:
Components are either repaired or replaced - only genuine Linde parts are used in the refurbishment process.
All trucks are repainted to ensure a quality finish, prior to new decals and the Approved Truck identification plate being fitted.
8. Pre-delivery check: The final procedure is an independent multipoint check including chain and fork certification. A legal control certificate will be provided with every machine.
Reconditioning standards for every requirement
Linde provides approved used forklifts in the three refurbishment standards of Linde PLUS, SUPER and ULTRA. The main differences between them are the level of refurbishment and the warranty period. This means that you as the customer can choose the right truck for your individual operating conditions and requirements.
Linde PLUS forklifts are ideal for applications with a lower workload. The Linde SUPER category is generally suitable for medium workloads. Linde ULTRA is the right category for demanding applications with a higher workload. However, the optimum refurbishment standard for your requirements depends on a number of factors. That's why your Linde sales partner is on hand to provide extensive advice to help you make the right choice. The following provides an initial overview of the details and the differences between Linde PLUS, SUPER and ULTRA.
The Linde PLUS standard includes the following refurbishment measures and equipment features:
- Used forklift serviced and tested in accordance with the manufacturer‘s recommendations
- Mast, fork carriage and hydraulic system tested in accordancewith the manufacturer‘s specifications
- Emissions test
- Charger tested for electric trucks
- Battery in working order in electric forklifts
- Safety of steering axle checked
- Usable tyres
- Functional electric motor
- Full functionality based on the local standards
- Good colour condition and Linde labels
- Tested drive unit
- Usable driver‘s seat and safety belt
- Operating hours counter checked
- Operating instructions
The Linde SUPER standard includes the Linde PLUS features mentioned above as well as the following points:
- Emissions test and compression pressure measurement for IC trucks
- Battery capacity of more than 70 percent
- Steering axle checked in accordance with the manufacturer‘s specifications
- Usable tyres with more than 60 percent tread depth
- Hydrostatic unit or combi-axle checked in accordance with the manufacturer‘s recommendations
- Re-painting in original Linde colours and Linde labels
- Well-maintained driver‘s seat and safety belt
- Forks and lift chains with wear limit at 40 percent
- Transparent truck history
Warranty 6 months/500 hours
Approved used forklifts in the Linde ULTRA category have the same features as Linde SUPER together with the following additional features:
- Overhauled combustion engine
- Overhauled electric motor
- Refurbished, tested and certified or new charger
- New battery or less than three years old with at least 80 percent capacity
- Completely overhauled steering axle
- New set of tyres or at least 90 percent tread depth
- Flawless visual condition with full re-painting
- Driver‘s seat and safety belt as new
- New forks or maximum 10 percent wear
- New lift chains or maximum 10 percent wear
- Bearings in the mast checked and replaced where necessary
- Control elements new or as new
Warranty: 12 months/1000 hours
Reliable all-round package
Benefits of the 'Approved Trucks' programme at a glance:
Approved used forklifts are not just an alternative, but rather the first choice for certain companies. Approved used trucks offer relevant benefits depending on the specific requirements for the respective company phase or the composition of the existing fleet. These include:
- Careful, standardised refurbishment process for the Approved forklifts, including parts replacement exclusively with new original Linde spare parts.
- The entire Linde product range in 'Approved Trucks' quality: from hand pallet trucks to high-performance forklifts.
- Certification in accordance with the latest statutory requirements and EU guidelines.
- Three standards to suit a broad range of individual customer requirements with regard to cost-effectiveness and operating conditions: PLUS, SUPER and ULTRA.
- Available from a location near you.
- Large choice of accessories.
- Various financing and service packages, such as long term rental with full-service contract.
- Quick and comprehensive service directly at the customer's location.
- Training opportunities for operators or forklift license test.
- Test drive possible at any time.